Monday, December 6, 2010

Things I Planned To Do When I Got Home.

I study in Melbourne, Australia for approximately 5 months each year. The rest of the year, I spend back home in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. For those who don't know/care, I am a Singaporean PR. This is because my mother works in Singapore, and my brother studies there too. I have been a Singaporean PR for about 2 years now, but I have never lived in Singapore for long periods of time. The last time I was in Singapore for a long-ish period of time ("long-ish" being about two weeks), was when I was feeling rather down, and wanted to get away. But I digress.


1. Bake.
My apartment doesn't have an oven, which sucks because ovens are really handy because I don't like spending too much time cooking. Stupidly, I borrowed several Jamie Oliver and Nigella Lawson DVDs from the library, and caught the baking bug. I looked up recipes for scones, macarons, soft-bake chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, you name it. Yummy, baked deliciousness.

2. Play with my doggie.
She is the cutest thing in the world. But with my mom and my brother in Singapore, and my dad working all day, and with me in Australia, she is very lonely most of the time. And she's getting on in years...

3. DRIVE.
I got my licence early this year, woo! My dad promised to buy me a car, but that has proven to be a liiiiiiittle difficult since his BFF told him if he ever bought a Proton he'd (the BFF) never speak to him (my dad) again. However, my dad is getting me a VW Polo. Oh, don't crowd me all at once, it's one of those demos from F.A.

4. Work on a musical.
I have a couple of ideas for one, the story has cemented more or less. Just need to attempt to write songs and the storyboard, work out the kinks and all.

5. Work on storyboards.
This was just for fun, short stories based on/around KL.

6. Read.
I have a lot of books to go through, alas. I have JUST started on The Mayor's Tongue, but have stalled.



What am I doing instead?
Well, as you have probably guessed, I'm in Singapore. Waitressing, actually, at a bar called The Merry Men. It's pretty cool, the people are nice, and I get paid!
So, here's reality.

9:30am - Wake Up
Not feeling like P. Diddy.

10:00am - Watch TV.
There's usually Disney movies on. Don't judge me, they're awesome.

12:00pm - Lunch.
Roast chicken/meatballs/steak & rice/mashed potatoes/ fried potatoes.

1:30pm - Shower.
Not much to comment on there.

2:15pm - More TV.
Usually The Fairly Oddparents. Don't judge me. Rocko's isn't on TV anymore.

3:00/4:00/5:00pm - Leave For Work.
Ridin' the bus.

4:00/5:00/6:00pm till 12:30am - Work.
Yeah.

1:30am - Sleep.
Zzzzzzz.



And the cycle continues.

No comments: